Meeting the Easter Bunny

We took the boys to Oxmoor Mall tonight to meet the Easter Bunny, or as we've been lovingly referring to him as Mr. B.
The boys were really excited and have been pumped for Easter for the past couple of weeks.
They've been sick so I've put it off until last minute.

As soon as I caught a glimpse of the Easter Bunny from far away I was severely disappointed.
The costume looked old and dingy and just terrible compared to some that I've seen in other's pictures.
Those bunnies definitely outdid this lame-o mall bunny.
I don't know if it's because I'm older and had to pay $15.99 to get a small picture, and two keychain pictures, or that the sparkle of magic just isn't the same for me as it is for the boys.
Maybe it's a combination of all three.
I found myself walking away bummed at what this bunny lacked.

Callum still ran up to him and was very excited to meet Mr. B in person.
Taylor was like me and was really not impressed by him.

He didn't even gesture wildly to the boys and try to look excited and do that cute person in a costume stuff like put his hand over his mouth and things like that.
He sat there the whole time exactly like he is in the picture.
He barely moved. Well he waved a few times to other kids.
I was proud that the boys didn't want to sit on his lap.
It would have been easier for the picture to have them closer together, but the mom in me was supremely happy that they weren't sitting on some strangers lap that I couldn't even see who was under the mask.

I think in the end the boys were more excited that they got to hold giant glitter eggs out of a huge basket than being impressed by the bunny himself.
When we got home Taylor exclaimed that he was supposed to be white.

Easter 2009

1 comments:

simply nikki said...

Oh my how cute!! They look so much like Daddy it's insane! =) I see a lot of you also!